Magia Record uses a Supports system, where players can call on other players' Magical Girls for help. By adding other players to your Friends List, you can create a pool of strong Magical Girls to call on with particularly tricky opponents.
You can follow up to 50 players on your Friends List, depending on your player rank.
Friends and Support Points
The main benefit to adding friends comes in the form of Support Points (SP), one of the game's currencies. You gain SP each time you battle using a support, and give SP to other players in the process.
Conversely, you receive SP from other players using your supports. You receive these points once a day as a bonus on your first login of the day.
Using Supports in Battle
(hover over this image to see what everything does)
Before entering most battles, you are given a list of Supports from randomly selected players to choose from. You must select a Support to start a battle. There are 4 types of support you can choose from:
- Random Support: These are random players who you do not follow. These players' ranks vary depend on your player rank. For newer players, you will may see some much higher-ranked players at first to help you through the game. A random support will not have an MP Gauge, meaning you cannot use its Magia or Doppel. You gain 10 Support Points for using a Random Support.
- Followed: These are players who you follow. You can follow up to 50 players of any rank. Following a player allows you to use their supports' MP Gauges in battle. You gain 10 Support Points for using a followed support. Followed Supports are indicated by a pink face icon.
- Mutual followers: These are players who you follow, who have followed you back. They appear more often than Followed Supports. You gain 30 Support Points for using a mutual support. In addition to the pink face icon, Mutual Supports also have a blue face icon.
- NPC: A Support not belonging to any player. They act the same as a Mutual Support, but no one else will receive SP.
A green face icon on a Support means you have not used that player's Supports yet today.
By following players and adding them to your Friend List, you can regularly call on their Supports, use their Support's Magia and Doppel skills, and give and receive Support Points. There are two main ways to add new friends: after battle, and through the Friends Menu.
This option is only available if you have space on your Friends List. When you use a Random Support, after the battle you will be asked if you want to follow the player.
From this screen you can review the player's Supports. Click はい (Yes) to add the player, or いいえ (No) to close this box.
This option allows you to add players with proven strong supports, but does not guarantee they will add you back.
From the Friends Menu
There are three sub-menus on this page, further detailed below.
From the Friends Menu, you can view and manage your Friends List.
Players You Follow
From this screen you can review the players you follow, and remove players you no longer want on your list (hover over the highlighted areas for more information).
Players Who Follow You
From this screen you can review the players who follow you, and follow them back (hover over the highlighted areas for more information).
From this screen you can search for players by their name or Player ID. Note that players who you already follow or who already follow you will not appear in search results (hover over the highlighted areas for more information).
- Searching for players by Player ID is recommended, as this is unique to each player.
- Searches are case-sensitive - for example searching "Iroha" will return different results than "iroha".
- Mutual Supports give the most benefits. Try to add back people who add you, and join in the various communities for people looking for mutuals.
- Other players will receive bonuses from you using their Supports only once per day; try to use Followed and Mutual Supports daily to give other players bonuses, but don't feel like you have to use them every time they pop up.